Thursday 1 November 2012

3 Busy Weeks in October



Finally back into the swing of things at university, being a very busy student. After being back for a month and a half, I've completed three animations, YES three.
Week 1
The first animation was a basic warm up of my animation skills after a long summer. Called 'The power of 9 - Principles' a short animation completed over a week, illustrating my understanding and application of the animation principles. The scenes we had to recreate in our own individual way shown below:





We had to use any primitive shapes; cube, sphere, cone, cylinder. I chose a simple sphere shape, so a character can be easily modelled and movable around the set. My sphere's transformed into two naughty cats, messing around with some yarn, and finally being united. Final animation shown below, if you want to have a little nosy :)  



            9 principles animation CLICK HERE



Week 2



In the second week I had to complete a 30 second animation focusing on the use of onomatopoeia words, utilising them within a short animation to imitate/suggest the source of the sound that it describes. I decided to choose the following words to animate with; Zip, Slap, Sniff, Cuckoo, Whip and Drip. A special thanks is in order, as I had a good friend Chris Wass helping me with the written texted shown within. Didn’t have a clue, so thank you a million Chris for going out of your way to help a fellow animator :) ... Below is the finished film:






Week 3


In the final week me and fellow animator and friend Lilly Goodchild, came together to work on a short Sting to promote animation at Staffordshire University, the brand being 25FPS@STAFFS. Having the opportunity to choose from 3 sound tracks, we chose the more lively bouncy tune, somewhat sounding like a circus.
We then went away and created three colourful circus animals; a elephant, bear and lion with the colours specified to use in the briefing (Magenta, Cyan and Yellow) I then created little tutu for our animals for their 'Dance Recital'. Bear, lion and final sting shown below:







The final 25FPS@STAFFS Sting

Hope you like :)







No comments:

Post a Comment